A note regarding COVID-19: Due to the University’s decision to hold all classes online this summer, the Summer Entrepreneurship Institute will be a completely online experience! Click here for latest updates on campus operations and resources related to COVID-19 >>
Summer Entrepreneurship Institute
Thursday, Jan 23 | 8 a.m.
Wave 1 Friday, Feb 21 | 11:59 p.m.
Wave 2 Tues, March 24 | 11:59 p.m.
Wave 3 Friday, April 24 | 11:59 p.m.
Note: Applicants will be notified of their acceptance, denial, or addition to the waitlist after the close of each wave.
If you would like to learn more about the program, please schedule a time to meet virtually with the SEI Program Coordinator here.
CRUSH YOUR WORKLOAD
If you said “yes” to any of these, then boost your career by earning a Minor in Entrepreneurship this summer!
Built for busy students, the Summer Entrepreneurship Institute accelerates completion of the Entrepreneurship Minor by concentrating 12 hours in a single summer session! Open to all colleges at UT, this program will put you in a cohort of other innovative students who seek the thrill of solving problems, pitching ideas, and competing in fast-paced markets.
SUMMER PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Explore innovation and entrepreneurship
theory and research
- MAN 327 Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Course Description: Explores the theoretical foundations and research evidence underlying innovation and entrepreneurship. Subjects include discovering and creating new sources of value, recognizing and evaluating opportunities, generating business models, engaging stakeholders, shaping markets, and competing against larger competitors and entrenched institutions.
- MAN 327E New Venture Mechanics
- MAN 337 Develop & Pitch New Ideas
Apply learned skills and knowledge in a
startup accelerator or incubator
- MAN 347P Texas Startup Accelerator
Note: Registration for any of these courses will require that existing prerequisite course requirements are adequately met.
*Requirement 1 - One of the following courses:
Any 3-hour lower- or upper-division,
HDO 301, or
*All classes must be taken on a letter-grade basis. The student must earn a combined grade point average of at least 2.00 in these courses.
- Total cost of program, including textbooks, is $5,500 and the program is financial aid-eligible.
- Cost does not include access to some University services, including but not limited to RecSports and UT Libraries. Participants can arrange for library and RecSports services at an additional cost.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- Applications accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply early!
- Up to 50 students will be selected to participate in the Summer Entrepreneurship Institute with a rolling waiting list.
- Once selected, you will be asked for a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot.
- 60% of the total tuition is due by May 1.
- Another 30% of the total tuition is due by June 1.
|Wave||Amount Due||Date Due|
|Wave 1 Applicants||$500.00||March 1, 2020|
|Wave 2 Applicants||April 1, 2020|
|Wave 3 Applicants||May 1, 2020|
|All Waves||$3,300.00||May 1, 2020|
|All Waves||$1,700.00||June 1, 2020|
|All Waves||$5,500.00||June 1, 2020|